East Rand Power Factor Correction
Neutron Energy Control Corporation specializes in power factor correction and is situated in East Rand making it easier for our clients to save money on their electrical costs.
PFC is the process of improving low power factor in a power system by installing power factor correction capacitors and thereby increasing the ratio of real to apparent power.
When the Apparent power is greater than active power, the utility must supply the excess reactive power and working power.
Power capacitors act as reactive power generators when connected to an electrical system reduce or eliminate the amount of reactive power that the electrical system draws from the grid.
The payback period in well-designed power factor correction systems is typically between 3 and 18 months. Good quality power factor correction devices have a life expectancy of at least 10 years.
Investing in Gauteng Power Factor Correction (PFC) will reduce your cost of ownership. Electricity costs are among the top five operating expenses most businesses face. And with the cost of electricity predicted to double over the next ten years, this will have an immediate impact on your company's profitability.
What are the benefits of PFC?
- Lower electricity bills
- Reduction in apparent power (also known as peak load).
- Increase in system capacity (free capacity in your power transformer)
- Reduction of voltage drop across the power transformer and power cables Power
- Reduction of transmission losses
Which industries are likely to benefit most from PFC?
Power Factor Correction (PFC) aims to improve power factor and therefore power quality. Reduces the load on the electrical distribution system, increases energy efficiency and reduces electricity costs. It also reduces the likelihood of instability and equipment failure.
Power Factor Correction is achieved by connecting capacitors that generate reactive energy as opposed to the energy absorbed by loads such as motors locally near the load. This improves the power factor from the point where the reactive power source is connected and avoids unnecessary current flow in the grid.
- Plastic: Extrusion and Recycling
- Industries with machine tools, punching machines, welders, pressing machines
- Consumer industries
- Filling plants
- Refrigeration plants
- Grocery stores
More Benefits of Power Factor Correction
- Savings on Electricity Bills
- Power Factor Correction eliminates reactive energy penalties and decreases kVA demand and reduces the power losses generated in the transformers and conductors of the installation.
- Increases available power
- Installing PFC devices on the low-voltage side increases the available power in the secondary side of a MV/LV transformer. A high-power factor optimizes an electrical installation in a
and allows better utilization of the components.
- Reducing the size of the installation
- Installing PFC devices allows reducing the cross-section of the conductors because less power is consumed. absorbed by the compensated installation at the same active power.
- Reduction of voltage drop
- The installation of capacitors allows to reduce the voltage drops before the connection point of the PFC device. thus, avoiding network congestion and harmonics reduction.
Book an Appointment With Us Today